The world’s first all-cloth Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) masks
Try at home and, if you're not completely satisfied, return it within 14-days for a full refund of the original purchase price(Less $10 shipping)
The SleepWeaver masks are designed to help people sleep and breathe in comfort. The Élan soft-cloth nasal CPAP mask is designed so the exhalation doesn't bother you or your bed partner. The exhalation holes are under the mask to match up with your natural exhalation.
Similar to other SleepWeaver masks, the SleepWeaver Élan incorporates the revolutionary Circadiance soft-cloth technology that quietly inflates like a balloon to create an airtight seal. The mask is breathable, non-allergenic and eliminates leaks, pressure points, sore spots and pinching. Designed to prevent strap marks and the open-face headgear accommodates eyeglasses and virtually unrestricted vision—great for people who like to fall asleep while reading or watching TV!
SleepWeaver Soft Cloth CPAP masks have been designed and thoroughly tested to provide a great, comfortable seal.
The SleepWeaver Elan Starter Kit is the Premium PAP Mask Package. Multiple sizes are included for optimal fitting. The Featherweight Tube is idea to reduce pull and drag on the mask so you can maintain a good seal and the Tether Strap also allows freedom of choice for tube placement.
Quick Fitting Tips for the SleepWeaver Elan Soft Cloth CPAP Mask
To experience a great seal, watch the SleepWeaver Quick Fit Tip videos for fitting instructions that are unique to soft cloth masks.
The SleepWeaver Élan starter kit includes:
The SleepWeaver Élan Starter Kit is ideal for all new PAP therapy patients. The Starter Kit is the premium PAP mask package; that includes everything you need to effectively manage your therapy. Multiple sizes are included in the box for optimal fitting. The Feather Weight Tube is included as well to reduce pull and drag on the mask so you can maintain a good seal during the night. The optional Tether Strap allows you freedom of choice for tube placement.
Features and advantages of using SleepWeaver Elan
- Allergy free with natural cloth material that allows you to breathe naturally, wicks away moisture, and leaves no pressure masks (unlike rubber and silicon seals)
- High-tech material that wicks away moisture to lets the skin breathe
- Lightweight and easy to use
- A new open-face headgear design that accommodates eyeglasses and allows virtually unrestricted vision. Great for people who like to fall asleep while reading or watching TV!
- A 90° Elbow Swivel Connector, which allows for more natural sleeping positions and is easy to remove and clean. Exhalation holes in the front of the mask ensure a quiet and gentle flow of air.
- A tether strap that lets you position the tube over your head—you can even route the tube over your headboard.
Our exclusive FeatherWeight Tube®, which offers 45 cm of extension to reduce drag and provide a quick disconnect from the standard hose.
- Machine washable
- Naturally quiet
- Seals quickly and easily
- Three sizes for the perfect fit
How to Use SleepWeaver Soft Cloth CPAP Mask
Most patients report that the SleepWeaver products are the most comfortable masks they have ever tried! However, it can sometimes take longer for some people to become accustomed to new equipment, especially if you are new to PAP and sleep therapy.
Follow the instructions (PDF guides) provided below and take a look at the instructional videos on this page to get the most out of your CPAP mask.
How the SleepWeaver CPAP Mask Works
SleepWeaver masks achieve a good seal and quiet operation using the properties of a balloon. When a balloon is inflated, all points inside the balloon are at the same pressure. This air pressure pushes the wall of the balloon until the tension in the wall of the balloon or something outside the balloon pushes back.
The pressure inside of the mask is the same at all points. So the pressure being applied to the patient for their CPAP therapy is the same pressure that pushes the mask against the patient’s skin. This creates a good seal between the cloth of the mask and the skin of the patient.
There is no additional pressure required to hold the mask onto the patient’s face, so there is no need for excess tension in the straps. The pressure exerted by the mask is the same at all points, so there are no localized pressure points that can create pressure sores.
The SleepWeaver Élan® FAQ
1. What is in a SleepWeaver Élan “Starter Kit”?
The SleepWeaver Élan starter kits are available in blue and included in the package is one regular mask and headgear with connector assembly, one large mask/cushion, one SleepWeaver Featherweight Tube, One Tether Strap, One Quick start Illustration Guide, and One Instructional DVD.
2. Do I need to buy the SleepWeaver Élan Starter Kit or can I just buy the mask and headgear?
First time users of SleepWeaver Élan are encouraged to buy a Starter Kit. You can buy a Mask/Cushion, Headgear, Tether Strap, and Feather Weight Tube separately.
3. How often should SleepWeaver Élan be washed?
The SleepWeaver Élan should be washed on an as needed basis to maintain the cleanliness that is desired. Cleaning the mask every 1 – 3 days will be sufficient for most people.
4. How should SleepWeaver Élan be washed?
For home use, SleepWeaver Élan should be cleaned by hand washing with a mild nonabrasive detergent in warm (not hot) water until visibly clean. Rinse well with drinking quality water and allow to air dry out of direct sun- light. You may keep the swivel attached during cleaning or you may remove it and clean it separately. The headgear should be hand washed weekly. *HANG DRY ONLY (Do NOT dry mask and headgear in the dryer).
5. In what position can the tubing be run when using SleepWeaver Élan?
SleepWeaver Élan allows the tube to be routed in any direction according to the patient’s choice, including over the head. The Starter Kit includes an optional tether strap that can be used to connect the Feather Weight Tube to the headgear when the hose is routed over the head. Some customers also prefer using a hose clip to secure their tube onto their clothes.
6. Do I have to use the tether strap?
The optional tether strap helps to control the hose when it is worn “over the head”. The user should decide if this helps improve their sleep.
7. From what material is the mask made?
The cloth is the same material used to make winter ski clothing. A portion of the mask that contacts the skin contains polyester, nylon, and elastane. The cloth material is “breathable” meaning that the material wicks moisture and heat away from the user’s skin. You should have no concerns about skin allergies or irritation with this mask. The headgear consists of polyurethane foam, nylon, and lycra. It does NOT contain Mercapto- benzothiazole or Mercapto MX. The plastic swivel is made of polycarbonate. Please be aware that there are trace quantities of BPA in all polycarbonate products. The Feather Weight Tube is made of hytrel and EVA.
8. Does the cloth mask contain latex?
No. The mask is not made from natural rubber latex.
9. What is recommended pressure for SleepWeaver Élan?
SleepWeaver Élan has been tested and approved for use between 4 – 20 cm H2O on PAP, Bi-Level and Auto-CPAP systems.
10. Does SleepWeaver Élan have an exhalation vent?
Yes. There are a series of small holes in the lower side of the cloth cushion that provide exhaust for the exhaled CO2. The exhaust rate is comparable to most old style hard plastic PAP masks.
11. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan with my existing PAP system?
Yes. SleepWeaver Élan works with all standard PAP, Bi-Level and Auto-titrating PAP systems.
12. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan with a humidifier?
13. Will SleepWeaver Élan seal better than SleepWeaver Advance?
The design of SleepWeaver Élan is different from SleepWeaver Advance, but both utilize zzzephyr seal technology. It will depend on the individual which SleepWeaver they feel is best suited for them. Whatever mask you choose, you will experience the soft, quiet and comfortable fit of a SleepWeaver cloth mask.
14. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan if I use supplemental oxygen?
Yes. An oxygen fitting should be placed in line with the hose at the connection to the PAP machine.
15. What is a Zzzephyr Seal?
The Zzzephyr Seal is a light, fine cloth that helps form a comfortable seal around the bridge of your nose. The elastic material cradles the nose and promotes fewer mask leaks. The elastic material cradles the nose and promotes fewer mask leaks.
16. Are there any interchangeable pieces for Advance and Élan?
The Feather Weight Tube is interchangeable. The SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube works with SleepWeaver Anew, SleepWeaver Élan, SleepWeaver Advance and all PAP Masks that use a standard 22 mm hose connection.
17. Does Élan have the zzzephyr seal?
The same technology as used in the zzzephyr seal is included in SleepWeaver Élan interface. Specifically, the interface material is elastic allowing the mask to inflate like a balloon and create a leak free seal with no pressure points.
18. Can I wear SleepWeaver Élan if I have facial hair?
19. Can I sleep on my stomach while wearing the mask?
Yes. The air pressure in the mask will keep the mask inflated without pressure points. The mask continues to allow CO2 exhalation as long as a portion of the exhalation holes are exposed.
20. Can I read or watch TV while wearing the mask?
Yes. There is nothing in the field of view from the mask or headgear. This allows you to wear glasses and read or watch TV while wearing the mask.
21. I have dentures. Can I still wear the mask?
Yes. SleepWeaver Élan can be worn by patients with dentures.
22. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan if I have a broken nose of deviated septum?
Yes. The pliable nature of SleepWeaver Élan allows it to conform to the patient’s facial anatomy even if it is not symmetrical.
23. What is included in the DVD that came with my Starter Kit?
The DVD includes an instructional video and printable written instructions in multiple languages.
24. How long will a SleepWeaver Élan last?
The SleepWeaver Élan Mask and Headgear is designed to last for 6 months, with replacement mask/cushions available for replacement every 3 months. The replacement items can be purchased separately from the starter kit on our website.
25. Will you be making smaller sizes?
The SleepWeaver Élan is available in small, regular, and large.
26. Can I use the Feather Weight Tube with SleepWeaver Advance, Anew and Élan?
The SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube works with the SleepWeaver Advance, Élan and Anew and all PAP Masks that use a standard 22 mm hose connection.
27. Can the headgear for each SleepWeaver mask be used with other SleepWeaver products?
No. Each SleepWeaver headgear is specific to its mask and it cannot be interchanged.
28. Is SleepWeaver Élan better than SleepWeaver Advance?
Both products provide the superior comfort of a cloth mask. However, Élan offers several features not available in Advance. - Multiple sizes - Hose can be routed in any direction, including over the head - Improved line of sight