No More Sleeping on Your Back!
NightShift Therapy is a clinically proven* mask-free treatment for Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA) and Snoring. The Night Shift device is a positional apnea aid that senses when you are on your sleeping on your back, without waking you up the night shift devices uses gentle vibrations to encourage you to shift back on your side.
Night Shift Sleep Positioner is recommended for:
- People who only snore when on their back
- Sleep Apnea only in the supine position (On your back) as diagnosed in a overnight sleep study
- Treating and monitoring Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA)
- Dental Splint users who still snore on their back but not on their side
- CPAP users who require a lower pressure if they stay off their back
- Complimenting result of Provent Therapy or Theravent Snore Therapy
Night Shift device can be purchased without a prescription if you know your snoring or sleep disorder is reduced if you stay off your back while you sleep. Night Shift Positional Therapy device is also prescribed or recommended as a sleep position modification aid (side sleeping aid or correctional device for positional sleep apnea) by most of Australia's top Sleep Physicians/Sleep Labs. If your Snoring or Sleep Disorder is worse on your back then Night Shift is the device to assist you and your partner's sleep.
How to use the Night Shift Positional Device:
- Wear the Night Shift device comfortably around the neck just before you go to sleep with the blue label facing out and the ON button facing down.
- You can choose to have position feedback (vibration in supine position) start immediately or you are able to delay it by 15 minutes. Refer to User Instructions provided with the device.
- The Night Shift must be recharged by connecting the USB cord provided with the device on your computer. One full charge lasts for approx three nights.
This form of treatment for positional obstructive sleep apnea is clinically proven.* When it comes to snoring, those affected are not limited to the snorer. Bed partners and roommates alike can be awakened and kept up only a nightly basis as a result of snoring.
See the Reports section for more details and example reports. We see from reports produced by the 1000's of devices sold, many customers learn to move off their back with decreased vibrations over time.
The night shift device has perfect combinations of 3 major functions :
- Sleep position detection - helping the user to understand their body movement while sleeping.
- Vibrotactile positional therapy- assisting users to maintain a side-sleeping position therefore eliminating snoring.
- Detailed compliance report- helping users understand your snoring frequency, sleep/wake time, sleep efficiency, pre and post usage comparison and sleeping position.
Night Shift device is sold in many countries around the world to treat Positional Sleep Disorders and Snoring. Since its launch in 2010 Night Shift device has helped thousands of people overcome sleep position related sleep disorders. If you struggle to stay of your back, try this product and see the difference it can make. The Night Shift positional device also comes with our Money Back Guarantee*.
*Moneyback Guarantee: You may be eligible for a full refund of the purchase price if (in the rare event) your Night Shift report shows that when sleeping with the active device you are non-responsive and spend more than 10% of your sleep time on your back over 5-6 nights. Please email a report with at least 5-6 nights data to firstname.lastname@example.org to authorise a return. The item must be returned in its original box, with all accessories, within 21 days of your receipt.
Night Shift therapy device includes a two-year warranty covering workmanship problems related to the electronics. The battery and haptic motors carry a one-year warranty and can be replaced after one year for a $75.00 fee per component.
How the Night Shift Device Works
Night Shift is clinically proven positional sleep therapy device that actively discourages users from sleeping on their back, to prevent snoring and related sleep disorders. Worn comfortably around the neck during sleep with the blue label facing out and the ON button facing down. The Night Shift device produces a gentle vibration every time the wearer attempts to sleep on their back. The vibration will incrementally increase until the user changes their sleep position.
Night Shift does not usually disturb your sleep. This has been determined from observing EEG (Electrical Brain Activity) of patients undergoing, overnight sleep studies, whilst wearing the Night Shift. The EEG arousal(sleep disturbance causing a lighter level of sleep or wake) usually happens when the patient rolls onto their back, before the Night Shift responds, not from the response.
Night Shift records relevant of data about your sleep including:
- Sleep Time
- Snoring Level
- Head/Neck Position
- Frequency and Intensity of Response
Sleep time is derived from Actigraphy, which is a widely validated method of measuring sleep from movement. See Wikipedia for more details.
Published studies, comparing sleep with and without the Night Shift, show participants spent less than 5% of their time sleeping on their backs while using the Night Shift.
Studies also found that 90% of POSA (Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnoea) participants responded positively to Night Shift therapy. Participants also experienced a reduction in daytime sleepiness and other medical conditions related to prolonged tiredness.
Measure Sleep Quality with Night Shift Device
Night Shift not only prevents users from sleeping on their back, it also measures sleep quality and snoring frequency. It provides the user with functional reports to monitor the effectiveness of the therapy. Night Shift can also determine whether or not poor sleep quality as a result of snoring is limited to supine sleeping.
Night Shift Reports Provide a Wealth of Information about your Sleep
The Night Shift Portal allows user to set Night Shift to Therapy-OFF mode to monitor sleep monitor sleep patterns without the device vibrating to establish a baseline. When Trial Mode is selected, the first night is set to Therapy-Off (example below) to obtain a baseline measure of sleep quality. It automatically switches to permanently provide Therapy-On (example above), while saving the first night baseline for comparison. Therapy-Off mode allows users to:
- Your natural tendency toward wanting to sleep on your back, and whether this behavioral tendency changes from night to night.
- Whether or not you have learned to stay off your back without therapy.
- The effectiveness of treatment provided by other sleep apnea or snoring therapies when sleeping in all positions.
Monthly and Summarised Daily Reports
These summarised part of the report is designed to demonstrate to your physician that you are routinely using the therapy, as well as help you monitor your own therapy. After One month the data is moved to a Monthly Summary which shows the last 12 months summarised data.
Discover more about our products by getting in touch
For further information about products we sell, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team has in-depth product knowledge and can provide you with all the details you need to make an informed purchasing decision. We are dedicated to helping people sleep better and work hard to provide our customers with cutting edge products that improve their quality of life.
To speak with one of our team, please call us on 1300 76 72 79. We will answer all questions and queries, providing all the technical information you need. Alternatively, use our online inquiry form.