BMC Luna LUX BiPAP (T-20A) With Eco Smart Humidifier- 5 Year Warranty
& A 90 Day warranty on any BMC mask (if included)
The BMC LUNA BiPAP System or the Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure device is a brand new intelligent CPAP Machine designed for patients needing different pressure levels for inhalation and exhalation.
This device is intended to provide non-invasive ventilation for patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), either in the hospital or at home. The device is to be used only on the instruction of a licensed health care professional. Your home care provider will make the correct pressure settings according to your health care professional’s prescription. To ensure that you receive the safe, effective therapy prescribed for you, use only BMC accessories.
The BMC Luna LUX BiPAP S Automatic BiPAP systems are ideal for sleep apnea users who find it difficult to adjust to a fixed pressure. The BMC Luna LUX BiPAP S Automatic BiPAP system automatically adjusts to deliver the required BiPAP pressure through the night to optimize therapy comfort. Ideal for CPAP users who find it difficult to adjust to a fixed pressure, the Luna BiPAP has two different adjustable therapy pressures up to 20cm H2O. This optional mode reduces pressure on exhalation.
Using the supplied humidifier with your BiPAP machine will reduce common symptoms like dryness of the throat and congestion. The Eco Smart humidifier comes free with all Luna machines and adds heat and moisture to the air delivered by the system, improving overall comfort. The patented Smart Eco The humidifier has a valve to limit the amount of water heated by the humidifier at any one time. The humidifier can also be removed when travelling to reduce size and weight, making your Luna Machine the ideal travel companion.
- CPAP Machine(T-20A) and Eco Smart Humidifier(E-20AJ)
- AC Cord and Local/International power supply
- Travel carry bag
- Sleep therapy software and 4GB SD card
- CPAP hose (6'= 1.8m long)
- Spare Air Filter
- User Manual
- Nation wide delivery
- Quick Operation Manual
Eco Smart Humidifier:
- Heating system with innovative dual water chambers design
- Storage Chamber VS Heating Chamber
- Eco Smart warm up, high efficiency.
- Quiet operation
- Auto On/Off
- Optional Mask removal and Power failure alerts
- Large 3.5 inch colour screen
- Pressure Range: IPAP: 4.0 ~ 20.0 (hPa) Maximum work pressure (only applies to T-20A)
- Two separate therapy levels to provide exhalation pressure relief
- RESlex Exhalation pressure relief 0-3 to reduce the pressure on exhalation
- Ramp: The ramp time ranges from 0 to 60 minutes.
- Removable Humidifier
- Data remotely available with real-time, no-cost WiFi wireless data reporting/remote access using Built-in iCode function with smart phone data upload.
- Search for the BMCARES App on the Android or Apple App Stores
- On screen snapshot review of patients data from SD card or iCode at: https://www.icodeconnect.com/quick/info
- SD card- 4GB capacity that can fully record the patient's treatment information data. Large capacity, easy operation, more comprehensive information access.
- 5 year Manufacturers Warranty
Bi-level (BPAP) machines need to set up strictly in accordance with the settings prescribed by a Sleep Physician. Regular monitoring and supervision of patients using Bi-Level therapy is required.
Please consult your sleep physician for advice on which model is most suitable for you.
The BMC LUNA (T-20A) BiPAP device delivers the following therapies:
CPAP – Delivers Continuous Positive Airway Pressure; CPAP maintains a constant level of pressure throughout the breathing cycle. If your health care professional has prescribed ramp for you, you can press the Ramp Button to reduce the pressure and then gradually increase the pressure to the therapeutic pressure setting so that you can fall asleep more comfortably
Auto – Delivers CPAP therapy and provides an air pressure no less than the prescribed one based on the patient’s needs.
S Mode [Spontaneous Triggered]– A bi-level mode which responds to both your inhalation and exhalation by increasing pressure when you start to inhale and decreasing pressure when you start to exhale. There is no automatic delivery of a breath you do not inhale.
Please note: This device should only be used with the mask and accessories manufactured or recommended by BMC or with those recommended by your prescribing physician. The use of inappropriate masks and accessories may affect the performance of the device and impair the effectiveness of therapy.
Travelling with the device:
- Empty the water chamber of the humidifier before packing the device for your trip; in order to prevent any remaining water from entering the device.
- Use the BMC carrying case to carry the device and accessories along with you. Do not put them in your checked baggage.
- This device operates on power supplies of 100 - 240 V and 50 / 60 Hz, and is suitable for use in any country in the world.
- Remember to bring a spare air filter and the emergency documents (filled and signed by your physician) about this device.
- For convenience at security stations, there is a note on the bottom of the device stating that it is medical equipment.
1. The CPAP Machine gives me a dry throat and mouth.
Possible Cause: Probably because the patient sleeps with his or her mouth open, and the pressurized air goes out via the mouth, leading to nasal and throat dryness.
Solution(s): Use a chin strap to prevent the mouth from opening during sleep, or use a full-face mask. Contact your physician for details.
2. The CPAP Machine gives me an eye irritation.
Possible Cause: The mask size or model may not be correct, or the mask is not positioned correctly, thereby leading to air leakage
Solution(s): Narrow the distance between the forehead support of the mask and the forehead. Note that adjusting the mask too tight may leave markings on your face.
3. The CPAP Machine gives me a red face.
Possible Cause: The distance between the forehead support of the mask and the forehead is not correct or you've got a wrong size or your allergic to the mask.
Solution(s): Try a different distance. The angle and size of the forehead support differ according to the type of masks or use a mask which is not made with natural rubber latex.
4. Water in the mask
Possible Cause: When the humidifier is used, the humidified air tends to condense in the cold tube and mask if the room temperature is low
Solution: Turn the humidity setting down, or raise the room temperature. Place the tube under the quilt, or use the tube cover. Hang the tube loosely, and the lowest part of the tube should be lower than the patient's head.
5. Discomfort due to inability to adapt to the treatment pressure
Possible Cause: The patient will feel uncomfortable when the treatment pressure is higher than 13 hPa. However, the treatment pressure is determined according to the patient's conditions, and cannot treat sleep apnea if the treatment pressure is set too low
Solution: It takes a maximum of four weeks to adapt to pressurized air. Relax and breathe through the nose. If the problem still exists, contact your physician
6. Obstructive sleep apnea symptoms recur
Possible Cause: Probably because the patient sleeps with his or her mouth open, and the pressurized air goes out via the mouth, leading to blockage in the respiratory tract
Solution:Use a chin strap to prevent the mouth from opening during sleep, or use a full-face mask.
7. The device is too noisy
Possible Cause: The tube is not connected properly
Solution: Reconnect the tube properly
8. Air delivered from the device is abnormally hot
Possible Cause: The air inlet of the device may be partially blocked, leading to insufficient airflow into the device
Solution: Replace the air filter, and clean the air inlet or Place the device in an area where air flows freely, and make sure the device is at least 20 centimeters away from the wall, curtain, or other things.
9. The device does not work when it is turned on
Possible Cause: The Auto On / Off feature is enabled OR Power is not connected properly OR There is no voltage
Solution: Take a few deep breaths with the mask on, and the device will start automatically OR Ensure that the power cord, power adapter, and the device are connected properly OR Check whether a power outage occurs by turning on a light or other means. If you are sure the fuse in the device is broken, contact your equipment supplier for repair
10. The device is working, but the pressure inside the mask differs from the set treatment pressure
Possible Cause: The tube is not connected properly OR There may be holes in the mask or pressure sensing tube
Solution: Reconnect the tube properly
11. The device produces very low pressures
Possible Cause: The air inlet of the device may be blocked OR The treatment pressure has been changed accidentally OR When the Ramp feature is enabled, it takes some time for the initial pressure to rise to the treatment pressure. This is normal
Solution: Replace the air filter and clean the air inlet. Make sure the air inlet is unblocked OR If necessary, disable the Ramp feature, or set the ramp time shorter
12. After the device is turned on, the screen displays intermittently, or displays nothing at all
Possible Cause: The operating system of the device needs to be readjusted or restarted
Solution: Unplug the power cord of the device, and re-plug it 20 seconds later